New Jersey is a state located in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States. It is a peninsula, New York State is bordered on the north and east direction, where as southeast, south and east direction is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean, Delaware Rover and Pennsylvania is bordered in the west direction. Delaware and its bay is bordering on the southwest direction.It is the 4th smallest state by area, 11th most populous and it is also densely populated state among the 50 United States. Newark is the biggest city in the state. New Jersey is the second wealthiest state in America.
These are the top cities in New jersey:
||Name of the cities
||40.736 / -74.172
||40.728 / -74.078
||40.917 / -74.172
||40.664 / -74.211
||40.519 / -74.412
Most commonly abused substances in New jersey
Substance abuse statistics
- In New Jersey over 69,000 citizens sought treatment in 2015 for the substance abuse.
- About 27,000 people were treated for heroin dependence and addiction among those who were seeking for some treatment.
- To combat the abuse of opioid and prescription drugs, the state government has allotted $6.9 million in 2016
- Officials on law enforcement has been forced to dedicate most of their resources to combat heroin and cocaine related issues.
- Greatest problem in New Jersey with drug activity is due to violent crime and Gang activity
- In the whole year of 2014, the admissions in the treatment center of the state is primarily because of heroin abuse and it is noted as 41% on the overall admission for substance abuse in that particular year.
- Drug overdose mortality rate is very low in the state and it has ranked 11th in the position. Despite of this lowest ratio, the state has been observed with a major rise in the death rates due to the overdose in the last 2 decades.
- In a decade(2002-2012), New Jersey’s binge drinking rate among the women in the state was increased by 21%.
- According to the data from 2015, the adult men in the state are three times more likely to abuse alcohol.
- According to a survey among the students in the NJ high schools around 15% of them claim that they have had their first drink before the age of 13.
- Alcohol abuse is the most common one in the country and New Jersey is not an exemption in it. In 2014 it has been recorded that due to alcohol abuse about 15,673 admissions were made in the substance abuse treatment centers.
- In 2018 it has been recorded that the state is on pace to have the single most drug overdose deaths.
- Even a bag of heroin is sold at the very lowest price in the state of about $5 and the obtained heroin is at the most purest form in the country, according to the Governor’s Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse, New Jersey.
- In the year 2014, more than 200 meth labs were seized across the states of New Jersey, Connecticut and New York according to the DEA’s registry of meth labs.
- In NJ, among the youths in the state who age under 17 about 39% of them have smoked at least once according to the US Department of Health and Human Services.
- Among the teens in New Jersey, the substance abuse is common and the ratio is also the same in rural, urban and suburban communities.
Substance abuse treatment
- In 2005- 2015 new jersey Total Substance Abuse Admissions in the age of 12 and older.
- For substance abuse disorder nearly 68628 people received treatment in the state.
How to help an addict? Helping them to find a right treatment for their recovery is the best way to guide/help them.
||Name of the drug
|| Number people received treatment
Do you think traveling out of the state is the right choice for you?
Of course, you may find several benefits for enrolling in alcohol or drug rehab centers out of your state, that includes:
- Enhanced privacy of care
- Buffer from stresses at your home
- Potentially higher-quality care than local rehabilitation centers
- Increased therapeutic options
- Intensified focus on the rehabilitation process
- Removal from triggering circumstances
In order to get you or your loved ones like back on the right track, there are multiple drug rehab centers in New Jersey .If you’re reading this blog you or you are loved may be worried about your addiction to substances like alcohol or other sorts of drug that damages your health worse. If you are a resident of Alabama and addicted to the substances, now it’s the right time to find the best addiction rehabilitation centers that based on accreditation, positive experiences, proven techniques, effective treatment programs, successful outcomes, comprehensive and quality care.
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addictionaide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
Being the wealthiest state, New Jersey is no exemption from these kind of addiction related activities. The government works very hard to create awareness and help the people to be away from addiction. Even if you wish to travel outside for your recovery, we addictionaide helps you with multiple options to choose the best treatment centers which suits you.
Current captions about Drug abuse in New Jersey
In 2016, Fentanyl was linked to 818 deaths
Nearly 1409 people lost their life due to opioid overdose
In 2014, 27% of all drug admission linked to alcohol
You Can also View:
LET US CALL YOU
Dont go through the process of recovery alone. Get in touch with someone who can help.
BROWSE REHAB CENTERS
No matter where you live. There is a drug rehab center that can help you overcome your addiction