Maine is located in the northeastern part of the United States, which is the 12th smallest state by area, 38th most densely populated and the 9th least populous among the states of the United States. In the west, it is bordered by New Hampshire, in the southeast direction by the Atlantic Ocean and in the northeast, northwest direction by New Brunswick and Quebec respectively. Maine is the only state to the border just one other state; it is the easternmost among the contiguous United States. It is the northernmost state east of the Great Lakes.
Largest cities in Maine
||Name of the cities
||43.657 / -70.259
||44.1 / -70.215
||44.801 / -68.778
||43.57 / -70.388
||43.641 / -70.241
Substance abuse facts
Alabama is one of the most attractive states in the United States of America, however, this state is not only famous for all beautiful view site, Industries like steel-making, hydroelectric power, mining (limestone, coal, iron ore), and agriculture (poultry, corn, peanuts, cotton, soybeans, and livestock).
Most commonly abused substances in Maine
- Synthetic opioids
Substance abuse facts
- In a dollar, only one cent is utilized for prevention and treatment, the balance 99 cents were used for dealing with the consequences. The state spends nearly 27.3% of its budget on dealing with substance abuse problems.
- Even though there has been observed a decreased abuse of prescribed drugs, graph still it exists as the leading factor for the overdose death rates in Maine.
- In recent years, there has been an increase of about 31% on drug overdoses in the state Maina.
- The death toll rates in the states have been increased from 272 to 376 in the year 2015 and 2016 respectively. In the consumption of opioids like heroin (heroin addiction symptoms),prescribed drugs, and fentanyl, it has been observed a largely driven increase statewide.
- In the overall opioid issue, Fentanyl consumption has the major volume of about 195 in the total of 313
- According to SAMSHA, the adolescents in the state who age between 12 and 17perceived no great risk in consuming five or more drinks once or twice a week.
- About 1,000 babies born in Maine were drug dependent every year. It is a shocking statistic that has been revealed by a spokeswoman Samantha Edwards from the state Department of Health and Human Services in an interview with the Portland Press Herald.
A 2015 report from the Maine Department of Health and Human Services found that of individuals aged 18 to 25:
- Comparatively people who were aged over 26 abuse prescribed pain relievers less than those Individuals in the 18-25 age group.
- About 1 in 10 people have misused the prescribed pain reliever in their lifetime.
- In the last year, nearly 5% of people used cocaine, compared to 1 percent of those over age 26.
- In the past 30days, the highest rate recorded for heavy drinking among all the age groups was about 9%
- In the last month, it has been reported about 32% of people were involved in binge drinking and it records the highest rate of binge drinking among all the age groups.
Substance abuse treatment
- In the year 2014, co-occurring mental health disorder has been observed among 58% of people who have been admitted for the treatment program.
- About 3% of adult women admitted to the drug rehab centers in maine on 2014 were pregnant.
- The total number of admissions in the state for Substance Abuse in 2005-2015 among people who age 12 and older.
- For Substance abuse disorder, nearly 12,046 people received treatment.
||Name of the drug
||Number people received treatment
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
Maina has been observed with the the highest substance use disorder, even though it is slightly congested while compared to other states. Substance abuse major issues in the state among teens and elderly people. The state government has been providing many steps in preventing and treating its people. There were many treatment centers available in the state, you can choose the one which suits the best for your treatment. Enjoy your sobriety by choosing the right treatment for your recovery through addictionaide
Current captions about Drug abuse in Maine
Cost of substance abuse
The cost of substance abuse was estimated to be over $1.4 billion in 2010.
In 2015, 3 out of 10 overdose deaths involved a benzodiazepine.
4 out of 5 overdose deaths were opioid-related
You Can also View:
LET US CALL YOU
Dont go through the process of recovery alone. Get in touch with someone who can help.
BROWSE REHAB CENTERS
No matter where you live. There is a drug rehab center that can help you overcome your addiction