Hawaii is the 50th state and most recently added one in the United States, It is the only state which is geographically located in Oceania, although it is governed as a part of North America. Hawaii is the northernmost island group in Polynesia, occupying most of the area in the archipelago, central pacific ocean. The state encompasses nearly the entire volcanic Hawaiian archipelago, which comprises hundreds of islands spread over 1,500 miles (2,400 km). The archipelago is physiographically and ethnologically part of the Polynesian subregion of Oceania.
These are the top cities in Hawaii:
||Name of the cities
||21.307 / -157.858
||21.289 / -157.717
||21.397 / -157.975
||19.73 / -155.091
||21.402 / -157.741
Most commonly abused drugs in Hawaii
Substance abuse in hawaii
- In the United States for fatal drug overdoses, Hawaii is ranked in the 34th position.
- In 2000, For serious health conditions, the first state in the country approved to use of marijuana as a medicine in Hawaii. In the past decade, these laws have been evolved
- In 2000, Hawaii became the first state to approve the use of medical marijuana for serious health conditions. Over the past decade, laws have evolved around the drug’s qualifying conditions and dispensary programs.
- In a decade(1999-2010) it has been observed that the number of overdoses in Hawaii has been doubled and it is continuously growing.
- The majority of these overdoses are due to prescription painkillers and methamphetamine.
- Hawaii has recorded 410 percent average over the nation for the positive methamphetamine tests(effects of meth on the body) in their work area.
- Apart from painkillers and meth, the other substance used for abuse in the states were cocaine, heroin, and marijuana, which even ranks high on the list.
- Every year for the illegal use of marijuana there have been recorded 1,500 arrests in the state.
- In the year 2015 about 28% of federal court drug convictions were because of the usage of methamphetamine. Usage of crystal meth has long been a problem on the island.
- In the state, a small number of high schoolers experiment with marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin besides alcohol. Teenage drinking is still an issue in the state, even though it has a lower number of people abusing it.
- In 2013-2014, 6.8%(78,000)people were dependent on alcohol abuse in the state over the age of 12 and older.
- From 2007–2014, SAMHSA reports that only 14.4 percent of those struggling with illicit drug use received treatment. That’s about 4,000 people per year.
Substance abuse treatment
- In 2015 there has been observed a positive note about the number of admissions in the treatment centers. It has been increased nearly 6000.
- On the overall percentage of people who were receiving treatment about 62.3% of people were being treated for alcohol and drug abuse, nearly 23.5% of people for drug addiction and for alcohol alone it is 14.2%.
- Total substance abuse admission in the hawaii state over the age of 12 and older in the year 2005-2015
- For substance abuse disorder nearly 6,832 people received treatment
||Name of the drug
||Number people received treatment
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
Hawaii is the largest island in the United states, due to its uniqueness it is easily prone to the use of illicit drugs, as it can be easily obtained in the coastal area. There has been observed a constant increase in the graph for the number of users addicted to drugs in the state. Government takes much more effort to control it and avails many treatment options inside the state, there are some private organisation too. Check how treatment centers help you and provides you with the best therapies on affordable cost. Addictionaide lists top centers in your state with their reviews and lot more centers in your city and nearby states.
Current captions about Drug abuse in Alamaba
Find a Way to Your Recovery
In 2013, 10,930 individuals were arrested for drug crimes
In Alabama, 753 people were admitted in rehab for treatment due to cocaine addiction
Drug Overdose Death Rates
From 2013 to 2014, in Alabama drug overdose death rates jumped 20 %
You Can also View:
LET US CALL YOU
Dont go through the process of recovery alone. Get in touch with someone who can help.
BROWSE REHAB CENTERS
No matter where you live. There is a drug rehab center that can help you overcome your addiction